1. Maplus wax products offer you the choice of various combinations to suit the following chemical affinities:
-Universal, Racing Base, or P1 paraffin products on their own;
-P2 or P3 fluorinated paraffin products on their own;
-P2 fluorinated paraffin products + P4 perfluorinated waxes;
-P3 fluorinated paraffin products + P4 perfluorinated waxes;
Always start working the ski or snowboard from the tip towards the tail
2. Basic hot waxing using a Maplus Racing Base is recommended for new skis or snowboards, scratched skis or snowboards, and every time the base of the skis or snowboards have been ground. These waxes are also used to protect skis during transit or storage. The waxing iron should be set at 130°-160° C. to suit the Racing Base wax used.
3. Maplus racing waxing is required after preparing the skis as described above and should be done hot or cold to suit your specific needs, ability and experience.
1. Spray the wax with the “pump applicator” or spread it with a paintbrush on the entire length of the ski or snowboard base;
2. Wait at least 10 minutes for the ski or snowboard wax to harden;
1. Polish the ski or snowboard base with a manual or rotating horsehair or nylon brush.
1. Spray the wax with the “pump applicator” or spread it with a paintbrush on the entire length of the ski or snowboard base and wait for the solvent to evaporate;
2. Melt the wax by passing the iron over it once or twice. Iron temperature: 130°-160° C. depending on the type of product being used);
3. Wait at least 10 minutes for the ski or snowboard wax to harden;
4. Remove any excess wax using a Plexiglas scraper;
5. Free the ski or snowboard base structure with a stiff manual or rotating horsehair or nylon brush;
6. Polish the ski or snowboard base structure with a soft manual or rotating horsehair or nylon brush;
-We recommend cleaning the ski or snowboard bases with Maplus detergents and then applying a hot Maplus Racing Base after each race or after preparing the ski or snowboard bases and edges.
-All traces of basic wax must be thoroughly removed before applying racing wax: scrape off the wax and then brush and polish thoroughly.
-If you clean the ski or snowboard bases with a detergent immediately before applying racing wax, we recommend heating the wax so the detergent can evaporate completely.
-We recommend the following iron temperatures to melt Maplus ski or snowboard waxes:
-120°C (248°F): Universal;
-130°C (266°F): (Soft – Soft Graphite)Racing Base, (P1-P2-P3) Hot;
-140°C (284°F): (P1-P2-P3) Med;
-150°C (302°F): (P1-P2-P3) Cold;
-160°C (320°F): (Hard – Hard Graphite)Racing Base, P4.
If used improperly, the waxing iron can damage the ski or snowboard construction.