Tools4Boards is coming out with a modular/’All-In-One/Multi-tool Side Edge Guide, Base Beveler, Side Wall Trimmer & Wax Scraper Sharpener system, called the Switch. Depending on the combination, the tool names are variations of the base ‘Switch’ name. Ie, Switch Cut, Switch Side Edge Guides, Switch Rig with base beveler, etc.
The current precision duo side edge options are 2 & 3° with 4 & 5° forthcoming. Base beveler attachments will allow for 0.5, 0.75 & 1° base bevel angles. The 0° & 7° attachments will allow for wax scraper sharpening guide & side wall trimming.
“The new global reference in file guide technology. To switch between 2° and 3° simply detach angle bar from wear plate, rotate 180º then re-attach. No need for multiple fixed angle guides.
· We start with a .2″ (4.5mm) thick surgical grade stainless steel wear plate for unprecedented durability.
· Add a modular 2°+3° angle bar precision milled from aircraft grade aluminum, sand blasted and anodized to 15 microns for military spec. accuracy.
· Durable laser etched angle number markings.
· Cut out provides an open area for edge filings and debris to fall away from base.
· Disc positon indicators (+ symbols) on angle bar provide quick and easy alignment of new Tools4Boards Puck diamond discs maximizing disc cutting and polishing efficiency.
· Additional wear plate screw ports allow a second angular bar to be mounted (0°+ 7°, 2°+ 3° or 4°+ 5° bars available but sold separately).
Compatible with all interchangeable Switch system components. Domestic and foreign patents filed and pending.”
Below is a sneak pick of the various combination options: